RULES TO KNOW BEFORE SEARCHING BEST AUTO TINTING WINDOWS NEAR ME
Window tinting has been in demand for more than a decade now. Window film or tint is basically a film which is installed on the exterior or interior of the glass surface in automobiles. It is highly used for many different purposes such as for glare and heat reduction, UV filtration, safety and security, privacy, decoration, branding and a lot more. And this is the reason why people often search for the best auto tinting windows near me to get their car tinted as early as possible.
But before you decide to get the windows of your car tinted, it is very important to know about the rules of tinting in your country so that you don’t end up in trouble. And to help you find that out, we have provided below the details of rules and regulations of different countries which you can check out to know about yours.
Tinting Rules and Regulations of different Countries
There are a number of countries in the whole world, but below mentioned are the details of those few countries which have set some rules and regulations for tinting which must be followed by every citizen. So check them out before you search for auto tinting windows near me–
- India- In India, the rules for tinting the glass are defined in ‘The Motor Vehicles Act 1968’, which clearly states that the rear and front windshield of the car should be only 70% VLT and all the other windows of the car are only limited at 50% VLT. And then on 27 April 2012, the Supreme Court of India ordered that all the black films are to be removed from the car and are not allowed to be used.
- Italy- In Italy, window tinting is allowed on real windshield and rear windows only. There are no limits on graduation of films. The installer needs to have a professional installer certificate to do the work of tinting and it is also necessary to keep the brand of the film visible and also the homologation number that is present on the windows.
- Russia- The rules of window tinting in Russia are specified in the GOST 5727-88. So as you look out for best auto tinting windows near me, you must know that the specified limit is 75% for the front windshield and a darker strip which is not wider than 10 cm is allowed to be placed at the topmost side. And for the front side windows, 70% is allowed.
- Malaysia- In Malaysia, the former Transport Minister, Anthony Loke said that the motorists are allowed to tint their passenger windows and rear windshield as dark as they wish to. And after May 8 2019, the permissible percentage of VLT is made to 70% for the front windscreen, 0% for the rear side of the windows and rear windscreen and 50% for the front side of the windows.
- Belarus- So in this country, any kind of window tinting is illegal and not allowed. Just an exception was made for the factory tint in the vehicles which were purchased before 1 April 2006. Also there is an exemption of vehicles of the KGB, some officials and cash collectors.
- Australia- In the New South Wales of Australia, the Transport for NSW has permitted the VLT of 35% on windows, which is different from the windscreen. So as you search for auto tinting windows near me, remember that for the tint on the windscreen, only a band on the top of it is allowed & that too with a depth of not more than 10% of the depth of the windscreen.
- United Kingdom- In the UK, the window tinting laws are set forth by the ‘Vehicle and Operator Services Agency’ which is under the ‘Road Vehicles, Construction and Use, Regulations Act 1968’. This Act states that the front windscreen of the car can not have less than 75% VLT & the front side windows can not have less than 70% of VLT.
For vehicles which are registered before 1 April 1985 in the UK, the front side windows and the front windscreen should allow at least 70% of VLT through the car.
British police have been increasingly seen cracking down on the illegal tinting with strict actions, although window tints of the car are not checked on the annual MoT Test carried out in the UK by the car owners.
- United States of America- In the USA, each state has different rules and regulations of window tinting and so different limits are allowed for tinting, as measured on the windows of the front side. So before looking for auto tinting windows near me, check out about Washington, where the permissible percentage is low VLT of 24%, California with up to 88%, with some less stringent restrictions which is quite common for windows in the rear side of the car.
You can also check the complete details of sticker & glazing laws on the website of ‘Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’
- United Arab Emirates- Earlier in UAE, window tinting was completely banned. But then the law was introduced and changed to a permissible percentage of 30%. Then, in the year 2017, the Federal Traffic Law of UAE was again revised and changed. After it, the people are now allowed to tint the windows of their car up to 50%. However, for trucks and taxis, they are strictly not allowed to tint their windows to 50%.
As there has been a huge demand and popularity of window tinting among people all over the world due to the advantages it offers, people have been constantly searching for the best auto tinting windows near me to get their car tinted. But it is also very important to know about the rules and regulations of the tining that are allowed in your country, which you must have also read above.
So as you now know about it, you are all set to get your car tinted from the best place!